2021-2022 Stay Healthy Plan
While the pandemic has certainly created many challenges, we are committed to the mission of Educating and Cultivating Servants for Christ and maintaining procedures that control the spread of COVID-19. We have been working closely with our team of medical professionals to determine the best protocols and strategies as we begin the school year.
Ways to Get Involved
There are many ways to get involved as a current family. Learn more HERE.
CVCA Family Resources
The Office of Academic Success and Instructional Services (OASIS) is available for students needing assistance in study and organizational skills. Students are assigned to OASIS by the Guidance Office based on previous school records, entrance testing, quarter grades, and teacher recommendations. If a student or parent believes that OASIS services would be beneficial, they are encouraged to contact the Director of OASIS to discuss.
Information about the OASIS services and team is available HERE >>
2021-2022 Dress Code/Uniform Policies:
Appearance Standards for Young Men and Women
You can shop for uniform tops at these local and online vendors:
907 Portage Trail, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
• Purchase in Store Only
Any time a student is going to be absent for all or part of a day, the parents should contact the school office by 7:55 a.m. Attendance is recorded by period. If a student misses one-half or more of a class period, he/she will be considered absent from that class. CVCA’s school calendar conforms to all state expectations regarding the required number of hours for instruction by the Ohio Department of Education. Your child’s attendance is expected.
Procedure for Reporting a Student Absent or Tardy
If a student will be absent or tardy, a parent must notify the Main Office (330-929-0575) by the beginning of the school day; a voice message is sufficient from 4:00 p.m. to 7:45 a.m.
Please follow these guidelines when recording your message:
1. State your name and your student’s name and grade
2. State the date of the absence or tardy
3. State the reason for the absence or tardy
School districts providing bus transportation to CVCA are available HERE >>
CVCA uses Canvas as our Learning Management System (LMS). In other words, Canvas is the digital hub of our classroom where upcoming assignments, grades, and resources are posted in one centralized, easy-to-access location.
Parents can access this information by creating an account and then linking their account to their child’s information via a pairing code. This video explains both the account creation process and how to generate a pairing code.
This is the website you’ll use to access Canvas once you have created an account: cvcaroyals.instructure.com/login/canvas. We recommend bookmarking the website for ease of access. Be sure not to include the “www” at the front of the address.
One of the strengths of Canvas from a parent and student perspective is that you can customize the amount of information you receive from Canvas and choose the method in which you receive that information. After you set up and login to your account, this video walks you through the process of customizing your notification settings.
There is a Canvas app for parents that can be downloaded to your smartphone (iOS or Android). You will have to search for “Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy” when you first access the app.
If you have questions about Canvas or need assistance after watching the videos, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors can order a CVCA class ring at Herff Jones. There are many styles and designs to choose from. Get yours today!
- Class schedules will be ready to view and print in Family Portal in August. Families will receive an email when they have been posted. Once logged in to Family Portal… click on “Student Information”… “Schedules”… then click on your student’s name. Please bring a copy of your schedule on your first day of school. If you have trouble registering or logging into Family Portal, contact one of the following:
- Please review your schedule to make sure all required academic subjects for your grade level are listed. Students who have eight classes and no study halls may want to consider dropping a class for a study hall, especially any student who might struggle a bit academically.
- Once schedules are released, any class change request must be verified by a parent via a written note, email, or phone call. Class change request forms are also available in the Guidance Office.
- Students can drop or add classes until the 5th day of each semester. We will not make any schedule adjustments for teacher preferences, study hall times, lunch period preferences, or any other changes not strictly necessary.
- PRT (Personal Responsibility Time) is a study hall for high school students who do not have a status of academic watch, warning, or probation. PRT gives students a choice to go to a quiet study hall in the Cafeteria or the Learning Commons.
* New Students: Bring a copy of your schedule to Orientation.
* ALL Parents: Bring a copy of your child’s schedule to Back-To-School Night.
Please call or email the Guidance Department if you have any questions:
• Guidance Office: 330-920-8204
• Mrs. Plum (Grades 6-9) – MPlum@cvcaroyals.org
• Mr. Kasiguran (Grade 10) – SKasiguran@cvcaroyals.org
• Mr. Tomich (Grade 11) – RTomich@cvcaroyals.org
• Mrs. Fridline (Grade 12) – SFridline@cvcaroyals.org
Students may participate in a wide-range of co-curricular activities, including:
• Forensics Team (Speech and Debate)
• Academic Challenge
• National Honor Society
• Chess Team and Chess Club
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes
• CATS (Concerned About Teen Success)
• Diakonos (Service Club)
• Student Mission Trips
• Short-term Exchange Programs in 4 countries
• Chapel Worship Team
• Student Leadership Council
• SCRAM (Students Concerned Radically About Missions)
• Chix with Sticks (knitting and crochet club)
• Art Club
• The Royal Fools (Improvisational Theatre)
• Royal Theatre Productions
• Robotics Team
• Embrace Diversity
• Design Club
• Bible Journaling
• ASL Club
• Ski Club
• Disc Golf Club
• Ornithology Club
• There are several ways for students to gain college credit while at CVCA. More information is available HERE >>
• Procedures for students who wish to take CL Dual Credit Courses during the 2021-2022 are available HERE >>
• Information on 2021-2022 State Funding for CL Dual Credit Courses is available HERE >>
Students who wish to appeal to register for a course should complete this Course Appeal Form >>
The Dominican Republic Trip will not take place during the summer of 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Before School – Students may arrive at school as early as 7:15 a.m. Students arriving between 7:15 and 7:30 a.m. should enter at the Royals Fieldhouse entrance. No other doors will be open before 7:30 a.m. If possible, students should arrive between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m. and proceed directly to their first class of the day. All entrances will be open to students at 7:30 a.m. (Drop-off information for Late-Start Wednesdays to come.)
After School – For the safety of all students, it is critical that families pick up students as close to the 2:50 dismissal time as possible. If a student does not have an extracurricular practice, club meeting, or rehearsal, they are asked to leave campus. For thorough cleaning to occur every afternoon, the building must be clear of students by 3:05 p.m. Between 2:50 and 3:05 p.m., students are encouraged to transition to their after-school practice or leave campus. General supervision will not be provided after 2:50 p.m. Students involved in athletics, fine arts, and other after-school activities are under the supervision of coaches, sponsors, etc.
Updated 2021-2022 information will be provided soon.
The health and safety of your student is always our highest priority.
CVCA has a new web-based Library Management System. You’ll find access to research sites, Ebooks, numerous databases, teacher resources, the library catalog and more. If you find a book in the catalog you want to check out, you may come to the Learning Commons to check it out. If you wish to request/reserve a book from the Library’s website, you will have to login. You will need your Student ID# or Staff ID# to login. Your Student ID# is located in Family Portal in “Dashboard” under “Student Information.” If you find a book you want to check out, click “Request” and then “Submit Request.” You will receive an email telling you when the book is available for pick up in the Learning Commons.
The Learning Commons is open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. each school day.
Learn about our weekly menus and web-based payment system HERE >>
Cash or lunch account are both welcome.
Families new to CVCA can find details and helpful information on the New Students page.
Information is updated throughout the summer.
All information is subject to change due to COVID-19.
All student drivers are required to register their car in the Main Office. Permits are available for $80 HERE >>
The Schools of Distinction include speciality tracks in the Arts & Humanities, Business, Engineering, Medicine, and Ministry within our comprehensive college-prep program. There is a $300 School of Distinction fee.
Pay fee HERE>>.
Senior year is a busy time, and graduation will be here before you know it! Important deadlines, events, and 12th grade information can be found HERE >>
• Students are required to use the Helper Helper app to track and verify their Service Expectation hours (8 per semester). Students can download Helper Helper from the app store on their smart phone, or use the web app on their Chromebook. It is a quick, easy, and accurate way to track and verify their service hours. Students simply click “Add past commitments” and include their parent or guardian’s email address or phone number in order for the hours to be verified. The parent/guardian will then receive either an email or text to electronically verify the submitted hours.
• 8 Hours (minimum) of approved service activity are required per semester
• The Service Learning Coordinator will give final approval to verified hours that fit the Bible class guidelines.
Thanks for encouraging your students to serve! Here are some examples of the great ways CVCA students have made an impact in their communities:
• National Day of Prayer volunteer
• Sunday school/church nursery helper
• Public school speaker to promote teen success
• Church usher/server
• Community clean up helper
• Cuyahoga Valley National Park trail manager
• Urban Vision Kids club helper
• El Salvador Orphanage helper
• Worship leader
• Soup kitchen volunteer
• Juvenile Detention outreach
• Hospital volunteer
• School event helper
Registration for 2021-2022 sports is now open. Log in to your Final Forms account to register today. Select the sports your son/daughter plans to participate in next school year. Please double-check your information to make sure it is current, especially the student’s medical history and contact information.
Are you new to Final Forms? You can create an account HERE.
Questions? Contact Ben Miller at email@example.com.
The 2021-2022 Student/Parent Handbook will be available digitally soon in CVCA’s Family Portal. Log in to Family Portal, go to School (on left) and click on Resource Documents. You will find the Student/Parent Handbook and Signature page under Newsletter Archives on the right side.
At least one parent and every student should read the Handbook and sign the signature page by August 17, 2021. The signature page is available to return after you have read through the Handbook.
Withdrawal forms must be submitted if your student does not intend to return to CVCA next year. Please complete this form by March 31. You have until April 15 to withdraw without penalty. The Student Withdrawal Form is available HERE.
A student’s UDID number can be accessed through Family Portal, following these steps:
1. Log in to your Family Portal account.
2. Click on “Family” in the blue sidebar
3. Scroll down that page until you see the “Online Filing Cabinet”
4. Click on “CVCA Student Demographics”
5. The UDID is the first number at the top of the Student Demographic Form.
A signed waiver is required for many CVCA events such as the Homecoming Banquet and Junior-Senior Prom. Waivers will be made available as events are planned.